2022 COVID-19 PROTOCOL:
In consultation with our physicians here at CMDA, we have adopted a policy that we now want to extend to all CMDA hosted, in-person events and conferences for the time being. Hopefully this will be short-lived, and the current COVID-19 surge will begin to fade soon.
• Via email, encourage all attendees to take precautions to minimize risk of exposure in the week prior to the conference.
• Strongly encourage attendees to be vaccinated.
• Encourage antigen testing the day before traveling to the conference, especially for unvaccinated attenders.
• Require masks to be worn by attendees, staff, and volunteers in all meeting spaces and common areas except during meals (wearing masks until seated at your table).
• Physically distance as much as possible.
• Provide easily identifiable stickers on nametags for anyone who wishes to avoid any physical contact (i.e., handshakes, hugs).
• Ask attendees to sign a brief general waiver of liability. This is now standard practice at conferences as per our conference consultant we work with.
• This waiver should be sent out in advance for all attendees to read before they travel to the conference.
• Make sanitizing stations available at each meeting space and in public spaces in the venue. Make masks available for those who may need them.
• Follow any local, state, or national mandates regarding COVID-19 precautions.